The market demand for mobile app development services will grow at least five times faster than the capacity of internal IT organizations to deliver them by the end of 2017. Also, the sales of mobile phones will reach 2.1 billion units by 2019- according to the forecast by Gartner Inc.
Enterprises around the globe are slowly becoming aware of the benefits offered by enterprise mobile apps. They have realized over a period of time that such mobile apps help improve the efficiency and productivity of their employees. This, in turn, increases the overall business’s productivity, which is the desired result that every enterprise hopes for.
Also, the ability of business firms to leverage big data and analytics via mobile apps helps them to keep up with the current trending innovations. This is why you may have observed that many companies have willingly started to invest more in developing effective mobile apps. It is also likely that your business may have already implemented a strategy for enterprise apps or may have started thinking along those lines.
In this article, we consider the reasons to go for Android mobile apps for enterprises. We will also go through some useful tips to keep in mind before opting for Android mobile app development.
Reasons for Selecting Android Platform for Enterprise Mobile Apps
Here are some important advantages offered by the open-source Android OS for mobile app development for enterprises.
Low Costs and High Returns
You get the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) for free and this reduces the software licensing and development costs. Thus, with low investments, your business has a better chance of getting higher returns and you will, therefore, get a high return on investment (ROI).
Ease of Development
You will agree that Java is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world. As Android apps involve scripts written in the Java programming language, it becomes easy for any professional Java developer to attempt Android app development. There are thus plenty of Android app developers available and this means that your business will find it easy to hire a reliable team to get the required app development done.
Using the Android platform for your business apps gives you the flexibility to customize your apps as per your dynamic requirements. This customizing ability of Android empowers your enterprise to get mobile apps designed at a fast pace.
Ease of Publishing Across Multiple Channels
The Android platform enables its mobile apps to be deployed and distributed through multiple markets, which is not the case with many other mobile platforms. You do not have to spend a large amount of time in getting it published on any marketplace. Once the Android app is developed, you can publish it and get it distributed through your own website, the Google marketplace or any other third-party app marketplace.
Tips for Android Enterprise Mobile App Development
Though Android app development may seem easy, you need to keep a few key things in mind.
- You should ensure that the mobile app is planned to handle the varied screen sizes of the different mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- From a business point of view, your company needs to evaluate whether the requirements can be met by reusing any of the existing Android apps with some minor tweaks.
- If you have a unique idea for a mobile app, you can even get information about the process of getting your enterprise app patented, once it is fully developed.
- You also need to understand the overhead that mobile app development and testing can cause to your existing business.
- In most cases, it is ideal to hire the services of a professional third-party Android app development team that can handle the entire process of your enterprise app development.
Choosing the Right Android App Development Company
By outsourcing your work to a professional agency for android app development, your business gets access to the talent of highly-skilled developers as well as their well-defined processes for Android app development to handle the dynamic requirements of the corporate world.
- You can simply focus on sharing with them the requirements in extreme detail and following up with them at regular intervals to check that the work is done.
- You can check if the company has a high number of experienced Android developers to handle the sudden requirement to ramp up the team that handles app development for your enterprise.
- The agency also needs to have enough arrangements to allow for the appropriate testing of your app, even at your office premises within your secured network.
- You further need to ensure that the agency allows the complete involvement of a few key personnel from your business during the entire app development process.
- An Android app development company that keeps all the terms and conditions transparent from the start is the ideal one for your business.
We hope that the above information helps you make the right decisions for Android app development for your enterprise. Do you have any questions or points to add here?