The world of programming language undergoes constant evolution in order to meet the increasing demands of businesses and users. Arguably, there are around 2500 programming languages in the world. And nobody has the accurate count.
As you are aware of, web development includes both the front-end and the back-end. Hence, it requires two stacks to build a website. It was hardly possible to build a full-fledged software solution depending on a single technology.
It saves time and money
One of the significant advantages of hiring a full stack developer is that the same person can switch between the front-end and back-end development. This, in turn, helps to save time and money for the client.
A better understanding of the design structure
Best-suited for SMEs
A large organization may sometimes require specialized workforce for the front-end and back-end development and maintenance. In the case of small and medium enterprises, full stack development is best-suited due to the cost-effectiveness and more natural upgrade.
- Drawbacks of each tool – Full stack development combines different devices, and no machine comes without disadvantages. The technical limitations of each tool will show up in full stack as well.
MEAN Stack & MERN Stack – Which One to Choose?
There are mainly two web stacks which are popular among full stack developers. They are:
M. E. A. N. – MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, NodeJS
M. E. R. N. – MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS
As you see it, MongoDB, ExpressJS, and Node.js are common in both the stacks and the critical difference between the two is AngularJS and ReactJS. Google and the community primarily maintain AngularJS, and it suits best for Single Page Applications (SPA). If you are looking for hybrid or multi-page web interfaces, ReactJS should be given priority.
It has taken mobile app development to all-new levels. This works best for developers working on cross-platform development using the web, mobile, and desktop at the same time. It comes with a very simple UI, and developers can quickly build apps if they are familiar with React. However, the navigation and transitions in React Native are not satisfying enough.
It is an event-based framework which has a vibrant ecosystem. It works super quick in operations and can be easily installed and executed. It is best-suited for applications that involve high data processing. Major brands like Linkedin, Medium, Uber, eBay, etc. use Node.js for their applications.
With an endless list of packages and libraries, this framework is one of the easiest for developers. It runs smoothly on both desktop and mobile phones. It offers seamless communication between the server and the client. One of the drawbacks of using MeteorJS is that it heavily relies on the connectivity.
Vue is a very popular JS framework for front-end development. It is called as a progressive framework which means it can adapt to the needs of the developer. Adobe, Alibaba, Grammarly, Xiaomi, etc. are some of the top companies that make applications based on Vue.
If you are a start-up, then Ember would be a perfect pick for your web application. One among the earliest of JS frameworks, Ember comes with a huge online support community. It is one of the preferred choices for single page applications. However, the API is complex, and the steep learning curve makes it one of the difficult languages to learn.
- Know your requirement – Set your requirement list which should include factors like data binding, testability, dependencies, templates, modularity, browser compatibility, third-party functionalities, responsiveness, ease of use, etc. This will help you in comparison of different frameworks and identify which one would suit best for your requirement.
- Duration of the project – If you are looking for a small project that needs fast development, you can go with Angular. However, if you are planning for a massive project, you might need frameworks like Ember. The key takeaway is the size, duration and dependency of the project are significant factors that should determine your choice of framework.
- Maintenance – It should be one of the key considerations while you choose the framework. Ideally, it is better to choose a framework that is easy to maintain. You should give a thought on the availability of developers that are comfortable working with the chosen framework.
- Accuracy and Speed – One of the major advantages of using JS frameworks is that it ensures accuracy with speed for the users of your website.
- Cost-effective – Start-ups often face cash crunches in its initial days, and may prefer to work on a limited budget for the tech development. Frameworks offer a cost-effective solution for start-ups as a set of web applications comes with each framework. This will cut down the overall development cost drastically.
For example, let's assume you need a team of ten people including two senior developers, four mid-level developers, and three testers, and one business analyst in a month or two. It becomes a prodigious task and might not be budget-friendly.
While you plan to work with a remote team of developers for your entrepreneurial venture, there arise a lot of concerns as we have mostly seen the office-based work culture. However, working with a remote team need not be stressful and complicated if you execute it well.
Hire the Right Developer/Team
The initial step of hiring a developer or a team is to analyze the information available about them. If you are working with a remote team, you should examine certain factors like their expediency, consistency, portfolio, maintenance support, online reviews, etc.
Plan the Project Ahead
Role of Effective Communication
The golden rule is when the development team knows comprehensively about your project and goals; they are in a better position to build the best-suited web application for you. Effective communication plays a crucial role in determining the success of a remote web development project. It is essential to communicate effectively before and after you hire the developer and throughout the project.
Develop a Culture
Building a healthy work culture online with your remote team is essential and will lead to better outcomes. While you work with a remote team, set up practices to motivate and inspire them and make them feel like a fraction of the whole team.
Agile For Win!
Agile development is a topic that needs to be understood while you hire a software development team. It is nothing but a project development methodology that has become a preferred choice for enterprises for building software solutions these days. It follows a set of methods based on iterative development.
The four core principles of agile development are mentioned below:
1. Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
2. Working software over comprehensive documentation
3. Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
4. Responding to change over following a plan
Agile development addresses the client's requirements in a better way than traditional project methodologies. The iterative planning involved in agile development methodology will make it easier to adapt to the changing needs of the project.
Listed below are the significant benefits of agile development.
EngagementIn agile development, there is a higher level of engagement between the client and the project team. The team will have a better idea of the client's business and vision which will help them to come up with features that adds to the business value.
QualityYou can be ensured of a high-quality development, testing and collaboration in agile development as the project will be broken down into small manageable units. The frequent reviews and testing help to identify defects quickly and make the iterations rapidly.
TransparencyTransparency among the stakeholders is another key benefit of agile development. The client will have an opportunity to be involved in the project throughout its lifecycle and be ensured of the progress of the work.
FlexibilityThe cost and timelines of the project remain predictable in agile development. Each Sprint (a set period for specific work and review) in agile will have a fixed duration and predetermined cost; hence the client will not have to bear unexpected expenditure during the project.
Be it React, Angular, Node or Vue, most of the frameworks of this programming language has won the heart of developers and continue to evolve to suit the needs of new age businesses. It is a technology which is not going to be subdued in the coming years.